Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ben Franklin - Our First Hippie Hero!


"What you would seem to be, be really." ~Ben Franklin

I adore this quote. It has been my guiding mantra for much of my life, and reminds me to stay true to what I have learned, and what my experiences have taught me. You know, I think Ben Franklin may have been a hippie. He was free-thinking, politically savvy, a person of principles, creative, independent and he wore his hair in long flowing locks. Hmmm, a founding hippie father. I like it!

Today I launch Hippie Teachers with many other great friends of mine who share a passion for teaching, in a way that is true to their nature and experience. We believe above all in cherishing children for exactly who they are - creative, imaginative, funny, capable, emotional, energetic, vulnerable, and free-spirited. We believe in treating children and their families with the utmost respect as fellow divine creatures on this planet. We believe education should be dynamic, fluid, unique, enthusiastic, inspirational, and compassionate. We believe in teachers - real teachers who play, sing, dance, make mistakes, apologize for mistakes, and who honor each child as an individual.

Our blog will offer all kinds of messages about the lessons we have learned, cool thoughts or ideas that we've seen or have imagined, stories about "fighting the man," and other information that is free for all. If you believe as we do, come and join us as a Hippie Teacher!
Have a peaceful day,
~Miss Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment