Friday, May 7, 2010

The Coronation of the Queen


I just saw the best picture I have ever seen of my old pal, Becky Trela. There was Becky, a young bride in the 70's with her white dress hiked up, vamping it up to show off her garter belt. What a cheeky smile. What a free spirit. What a fun teacher.


Becky died of an aggressive cancer this Wednesday, May 5. She was the real deal. She was a Hippie Teacher to the core. Everything about Becky screamed freedom. Everything about Becky exuded peace and kindness. Everything about Becky was cool.

There is so much more to say about this unimaginably brilliant soul. However, I feel like I have nothing more that I would like to share about our friendship, other than Here's to Becky Trela! May she reign forever as the Ultimate Hippie Hero!
Love always,
~Miss Jane

1 comment:

  1. There was nothing I liked more than "Becky stories" when we chat on the phone, except for stories about the kids. She had a profound effect on my life, too, and she never even knew it or me.

    ReplyDelete